Follow us on Facebook
40-HOUR SITE SAFETY MANAGER TRAINING
The Site Safety Manager class will train participants on how to be an effective site safety manager. The 40 Hour Safety Manager Course focuses on building construction that may be classified by the NYC Building Department. The Safety Manager Course also puts a strong emphasis on protecting, not only the safety of the general public, but for those working on the job site as well. This safety manager training is a prerequisite for individuals applying for their site safety coordinator, or construction superintendent license. The course is a comprehensive review of chapter 33 and the rules of the City of New York that pertain to the public protection. This course will prepare prospective candidates with safe work practices in alignment with NYC rules and regulations and prepare those candidates for the Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator exam.
NYC SITE SAFETY REQUIREMENT
As stated in the NYC Construction Codes - Title 28 General Administrative provisions, In order to become a Site Safety Manager and/or Coordinator Applicants must submit a certificate completion for the 40 hour certified safety manager training. In order to become a Construction Superintendent applicants must also submit a certification of completion for the 40 hour Site Safety Manager Course. For more information on how to become a Site Safety Manager, Site Safety Coordinator or Site Superintendent please visit the Department of Buildings website.
New York City's new requirement beginning July 1st 2016 states that faÇade projects requiring site-safety plans; buildings 15 stories or higher may now use a site safety manager, who completed construction safety manager training, designated rigging foreman, rigger, or qualified safety professional to oversee site safety on the project.
How to become a safety manager? It is a requirement that the person designated on the project must have:
- 40-hour site safety manager training (and 7-hour refresher every 3 years thereafter); and
- 32-hour supported scaffold installer training (and 8-hour refresher ever 4 years thereafter); and
- 32-hour suspended scaffold supervisor training (and complete the 8-hour refresher every 4 years thereafter); and
- OSHA 30 or greater construction training. Minimum 10 hour OSHA every 5 years.
You can also take a look on our sst online training courses available at Able Safety Consulting.
- 100% attendance for the 40 Hour Site Safety Manager Training Course
- Completion of Continuing Education and Training Registration Form
- Active participation in all class exercises (determined by the course instructor)
- Completion of required pre-and post-quiz assessment
- As applicable, achievement of minimum passing score on required end-of-course examination
- Participation and submittal of end-of-course evaluation form (must provide name on form to receive credit)
- Explain the differences between the various types of safety professionals
- Recognize rules and regulations and the reasons why they were put into place
- Identify the different types of safety practices and procedures that are put in place to protect the public and property during construction and demolition operations in NYC
- Describe proper communication procedures between licensed safety professionals and the New York City Department of Buildings
- Describe the differences between OSHA standards and NYC DOB Chapter 33 regulations
- Identify potential fire hazards and prevention methods in compliance with the New York City Fire Code
Note: Completing this course wil allow students to apply 14 hours of the training received to their Supervisor SST card. This course may be used as a course equivalant for the following courses. For more information please see the DOB course equivalants table.
- 8 Hour Chapter 33
- 2 Hour Site Safety Plans
- 2 Hours of General Electives
- 2 Hours of Specialized Electives